I grew up in a single parent home and have no idea of what "normal" is so I'm going to explain my dh to you and you tell me if this is "normal"

Basically he acts like a 2 yr old and whines when my kids ( not his) eat all the ice cream or bottled orange crush.
He spends his weekends with the guys ice fishing, never takes me or the kids. I make sure we all are licensed to fish yet every year it goes to waste, because he never takes us with him.
He cooks only for himself and leaves me the mess, he does not lift a finger.
If I ask for help in any area he becomes a 2 yr old and complains and pouts.
Anytime there is money in savings he wants to spend that and leave the money in checking.
He expects my child support to pay for food and utilities and the money he gets should be his to fish and drink and buy gas with.
He refuses to help my teenager with anything like assisting her with learning how to drive. She has a gun permit but he won't take her out shooting.
our tax refund went to his hearts desires.
Everytime I spend money he acts like it is a huge deal but it's okay for him to blow $100 on a weekend fishing.
I do not bother having a voice because he will never see my side. I have already tried. Basically it is his way or he whines and pouts. He does drink alot and acts so flipping bored around the house. He isn't happy unless he is with the guys. which he leaves me for several nights a week. He is rude and when I want him to see things my way or care more he says he, "doesn't give a shit" ... my kids are used to being stuck in the house while he comes and goes and lives his life.. I could go on and on

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I would kick his ass to the curb.  You already have children, why take on another one.  He sounds selfish and inconsiderate and I wouldn't want someone like that around my children period.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Whats good about this? Do you get any support or are you dependent on his lousy company? Do you care for his kids, DO they love you ( thats good of you). Find some real friends and leave him behind, that might change things. Empower yourself and get the most out of this short life.... don't waste it... have fun....reward yourself however youcan.
    sabianmom

Answer by sabianmom at 12:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Well no, its not normal, and I think you already know what to do,, so sorry!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• NO this is not normal. I would say get rid of him and start enjoying your life without him. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have no idea how you could have allowed him to treat you this way for so long. I would not put up with any of that. I'm sorry you are stuck in such a horrendous position, but if it were me, I would definitely kick his ass out, cut your losses and move on.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• U sound more like his mom!!!! Tell him to help u out and be an adult!! U should kick him out,u already have kids!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No, not normal. You don't need to live that way. Ask yourself what's keeping you with him and make a decision. Otherwise it really isnt fair to your or your kids. He sounds like a horrible role model
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• NO THAT IS NOT NORMAL YOU HAVE A P.O.S. FOR A DH AND U NEED TO KICK HIS BUTT TO THE REJECT PILE. What does he offer you that is good? that is the ??? if there are fewer answers to that tan the problems and messes he creates than u don't need him and ur kids sureas heck don't need him. Put ur foot down or get run over.
    ky_phoenix

Answer by ky_phoenix at 12:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It is my 2nd marriage and don't want to go through another divorce. He is inconsiderate and it just lowers my self esteem. I live in the middle of nowhere and have no friends. All I have is his family and they aren't much for help they are all like he is. He has a grown daughter who doesn't even take care of her kids her mil does.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The funny thing is one night I broke down and was crying and screaming and telling him everything.... he held me and said he was sorry and would change...never did change
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011