Is it ok to start doing prenatal yoga and pilates now?

I am soon to be 15 weeks and had bought a prenatal yoga and pilates dvd a while back. I am feeling great, finally. No more morning sickness and my energy level has finally has finally gotten better. Even though I wasn't doing much excercise before now (I was exercising before I got pregnant, but because of feeling icky I hadn't kept up with it) is ok to start now? They have levels on the dvd as far as trimester. What do you think?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't see why not but don't over do it and not so extensive work out try the pregnancy work out it works but for me all I ever did was walk and I had 3 easy births and a fast recovery!
    shanese83

Answer by shanese83 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• ask your doctor for the best results
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Do only the stretches/exercises that feel comfortable to you. The spinal twist is a good one but standing on your shoulders may not be. Be careful not to throw out your back.
    jenmerk

Answer by jenmerk at 12:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The dvd I bought was for pregnancy so I would hope there is no standing on your shoulders lol :D I walk also, but wanted to stay a little more toned this time around. I always have a hard time toning my legs back up, my hips get huge when I am pregnant, but thankgoodness they go right back down after delivery, but I always need to tone. Was hoping this dvd would help with that.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't see why not.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 12:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2011