My 5 yr old girl thinks everything isn't her fault?!

she continually balmes my fiancee for everything and that if she rides her bike and the chain pops off it is his fault or if she is bad and get's into trouble then its his fault what to do one minute she tells him how much she loves him then its I don't wanna be here when she don't get her way!!!?? help me resolve this issue I love my kids and stepson and am in love with a wonderfull man but I don't want to have to choose one way or another?!

shanese83

Asked by shanese83 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• She is 5 and probably having a hard time coming to terms with someone who takes your attention away from her,,, I think you should go into some pre-marital counseling before you get married, and have some help explaining that your guy isn't trying to replace her, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• her father and I haven been together for 2 and a half years now and it hurts but she does get my attention but when she does its like she rebells against me but don't act this way for her father?! now what
    shanese83

Comment by shanese83 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My son used to do this. All you can do is explain to her that it's ok to make a mistake, it's ok if you mess up sometimes. She feels like maybe you won't love her as much if you think it's her fault. So just keep telling her you love her no matter what she does. Reassure her we all make mistakes. My son finally started growing out of this but he is 13! Good luck.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I think it might be a good idea for her to see a therapist and have counseling-- that way she has a place where she can work out her feelings and the therapist can help give her the 'tools' to use to start taking responsibility for her actions and help her get thru this.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i would get her counseling before you get married, something isnt adding up here, counseling may bring her true feeling out
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Why not trying to talk with her first before taking her into counseling. Just from experience, sometimes, counseling can make the situation worse and every problem that you will have with your children, should not have to resort to counseling. Having communication in any relationship always answers questions that you need to know..... Have you asked the child why she accuses your fiance "of everything being his fault?" You say she loves him but there's something missing....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011