What could this cough be from?

I caught my kid's cold and now I have this awful cough. It's pretty loud cough and I can hear a lot of wheezing when I take a deep breath. I am wondering if this could just be a cold or something more serious like bronchitis. Would I know if it was something this bad? When I took my kids to the doctor they said that all those noises I was hearing in their lungs was actually their noses. Could that be the same for me too? I find that hard to believe for me b/c I can feel the crap in my lungs. Beens years since I had a cough like this so thought I would ask. Thanks!

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 12:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Health

• Drink more water, juice and tea. Apples pears bananas and oranges good too. get lots of sleep.
    sabianmom

Answer by sabianmom at 12:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• This has been my very recent experience with a cough. Been coughing for 5 weeks, sometimes would have coughing spells lasting 30 plus minutes each. Been to the doctor 4 times; just yesterday visit #4 Dr. says it is bronchitis...nebulizer, predisone, zpack, cough syrup for sleeping at night and a release from work for 5 days. See your doctor asap is my advice.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011