Cramping, NO spotting, 4 positive pregnancy tests but nothing on ultrasound? Could I have miscarried?

I have been cramping a lot, felt very nauseaus, have not had ANY SPOTTING AT ALL, and I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests, and another at the office before the ultrasound, which also came back positive. When they did they ultrasound they did not see anything, not even the gestational sack. Is it possible that I am pregnant? Is it possible that I am not pregnant and had 4 false positives? Could I have miscarried? I am very nervous.

Asked by marissax at 12:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Could have been a chemical pregnancy.

Answer by proudmom2510 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Why have they not done a blood test??

• You would know if you miscarried, I've had two. TMI here.....In first experience it came out and I had terrible cramping prior. The second, there was no heartbeat, but a sack, they did what's called a DNC I believe, quick and physically painless, but emotionally dreadful. I can't really suggest anything to you, those are just my exeriences, what is the next thing they are doing for you?

Answer by yesmaam at 12:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• What did the doctor say? You might just be barely pregnant, and it is still 2 small 2 see? Did they just send you home? I would find a new doctor!

Answer by kimigogo at 12:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• did they do an abdominal ultrasound or transvaginal?

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You may justbe to early for them to see anything, usually at about 6 weeks iswhen they can see the sack and baby...good luck and this doesnt sound like a miscarriage. with miscarriage you will cramp terribly and bleed lots ( i just had a miscarriage last july) almost bled to death so you would know if you were miscarrying.

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You would not necessarily know if you miscarried...I had two miscarriages and didn't bleed for either one. 2nd on they saw the sac but no baby and were not sure if i miscarried or not because i could have just been behind on my dates. I hope it works out for you .

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• A miscarriage without knowiing is called a "missed miscarriage".

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Implantation bleeding?

Answer by Samanthamommy at 12:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• They have not done a blood test yet because I have not seen an actual doctor. I am uninsured, and am working with an anti-abortion clinic. They are referring me to a doctor which I should be seeing in the next few days.

Comment by marissax (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011