How do I check a computer's history after it's been deleted?

I suspect my husband of cheating. I have confronted him, and he swears that he's not and blah blah blah. I know it has something to do with what he's doing online...cause of things I have found on his computers (we have 5). I went to check the history this morning...and its been deleted. I hate snooping, but I'm not sure what else to do. So If anyone could help me figure out how to check history after it's been deleted, that would be great. Please, no bashing...and no drama...believe me, I have enough of that here at home....so only genuine helpful answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• open a internet explorer window. Go to tools then internet options - depending on if you have VIsta or XP it will say either browsing history or temp. internet files or even cookies. If you click on it it should open another window & there you can choose to view the files.

To check the other forms - the easiest way (if you know what search engine he likes to use - google or yahoo) go to that search engine and in the box where you would type your search - double click on it - most times it will show you the list of everything that has been typed there.
    you might have to type a letter into it - like if you think he is looking at porn (which is what my SO looks at) you could type in a n for nude & that will bring up all the searches that have been done that start with n.

hope that helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• go to the recycle bin and unless they were deleted there they should be there. hope you find what you need!
    aiden1337

Answer by aiden1337 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• The recycle bin just has like old notepad notes and stuff, I just checked...I'm talking about the history of the websites he's been going to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• What kind of computer is it? You can do a search in the help function and there may be a file in there that will tell you how to do what you want to do. I know how you are feeling and I would never bash a woman in your position. I hope to God you are wrong and DH isn't doing anything to hurt you. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• look at the cookies -
    and in the auto complete forms (no one ever thinks to clear those out)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It's a Dell computer, all of our computers are Dell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Quote:

look at the cookies -

Ok...I'm gonna sound silly here, but how do I check cookies and auto complete forms?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Just go to your start button and hit the "RUN" button type in cookies! That will pull up at least sites he has been on, not actual converstations. I wish I were more help.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You can't check the history after it's been deleted unless you know how to hack in to the harddrive. Go to google type in Keylogger and download a free keylogger. Don't tell your hubby though. It will show you EVERYTHING he types.
    Anonymous

• Thank you all sooo much....it's gonna be a task figuring all of this out as he has 3 different computers on his desk....but just plain asking him didn't work...and I've found too much stuff now for him to say that there is nothing....thank you all so much.

Anonymous