I'm paranoid, make me feel better :)

I'm 24 weeks, 25 on Monday. I just went to my Dr.'s because of a bacterial infection I contracted. Since it wasn't my regular appointment my doc quickly listened to the heartbeat, then did a culture and sent me on my way with antibiotics. My regular check-up appointment is approaching. Well in the mean time I heard a story about someone loosing their baby very late in the pregnancy because the cord got wrapped around the neck. After the fact she mentioned looking back she hadn't felt the baby move in like 3 days, but she hadn't paid much attention. Well of course now my hormones and crazy dreams are running wild, and I'm freaking myself out. I felt baby girl move like crazy on Tuesday, her typical non-stop I was begging for a hour of quietness movement. Yesterday I didn't really feel her too much, but last night I did get a good hour of real movement. But today it's past noon and I haven't felt anything. And like I said she's a baby that hit 20 weeks and NEVER stopped moving, even at night when I'm trying to sleep. I know they say 10 kicks in a hour when they're usually active and your good, but I just finished my morning cup of coffee, and nothing. So I'm being paranoid, yes? Help ladies, calm my nerves :) My doc.'s solution would be labor and delivery no matter what I say is wrong, which would just freak me out more. So I'm starting here. If others think my concerns are legitimate I'll call my doc, but please by all means if you think I'm crazy put my mind at rest and let me know :) Thanks!

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your fine. My daughter was the same way, there were days I barely felt her move and other days where I was wishing she'd just stop. She is almost 9 months old and the same way!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Good luck, I think you will be fine. But if you need to calm yourself you can call your DR!
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 12:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'm sure you're fine. DD was a very active baby but even she had her down times. DS was a super calm baby, and there were days when I'd be lucky to get a couple of kicks all day, even when he was close to popping out.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 12:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You are not crazy! It is very normal to freak over every little thing while pregnant (and it only get worse one the baby comes!) That said, I'm sure everything is fine. As long as you feel her move from time to time (and not 10 times an hour) She is ok. My daughter moved a ton from 18 weeks until about 26 then her movement slowed down. As they get bigger there is less room for them to move. Just keep track as long as you feel her move a few times a day She is still thriving in there! My friends baby hardly moved at all her entire pregnancy (like 3 or 4 times a day) She was perfect and healthy when she was born. Call the Doctor if it will ease your mind, but as long as everything was fine when you went last I would try not to worry :)
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• First of all coffee in pregnancy is terrible for the baby...look it up. Secondly if you drink a cold cup of juice,water etc it should make her move around. Babys do sleep a lot in the womb and she may be sleeping. Poke and prod at your tummy, move your hands all around your tummy in a circle movement with a little bit of pushing while doing it (not hard) and keep doing that until you feel movement. That always worked for me when i was freaking out cause my babys didnt move for a while. Now if you still dont get any movement say by 5-6pm then i would call your doctor. But try not to freak out, until you try what i suggested. And try to stay away from caffeine it really isnt good at all for a growing fetus. Good luck and leep us posted on the movements !

Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You deffinatly are not crazy..I think its normal to wonder if all is okay with the bundle of joy you are carrying.it might help to talk about it with your doc.Every pregnancy is different and the doctors really cant say exactly how much a baby moves everyday.
    mimismom09

Answer by mimismom09 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't think you are paranoid at all. I read the post u r talking about and it scared me as well. Don't feel bad if you need to call your doctor. You have legit concerns. Give your doctor a call so you can ease your mind. I am sure all is fine, but there is no need to stress yourself out. Go with your insticts and gut feelings. If you think something is wrong, act on it. Good luck mama and keep us posted :) hugs!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thanks ladies, I feel better. I have been assured by my doctor 1 cup of coffee a day is just fine, and my son was born completely healthy and normal on his due date 5 years ago, coffee and all. So although I have no intentions of taking my coffee drinking to the extreme, I'm not going to stop my 1 cup a day until my doctor recommends it. I knew deep down I was being paranoid, but just hearing those horrible situations where the fluke thing happens, takes a toll on my hormones. And of course all last night I kept having dreams about stuff going wrong, so that didn't help. I'll make note of anything I feel before now and like dinner time, if it's still nothing I'll give my doc. a call. I'm glad I'm not the only one to worry about silly things! I'm sure I did with DS too, but it was 5 years ago, and I honestly don't remember most things I experienced/worried about. Thanks again ladies :) !!
    ba13ygrl1987

Comment by ba13ygrl1987 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011