Anyone know what causes red, blotchy arms/legs and swelling in the arms/legs?

Two days ago, I noticed that my legs looked kinda red, almost as if I'd been in the sun for awhile, but didn't quite get a sunburn. Yesterday, it was much worse and my arms became that way, as well. Last night, I was REALLY itchy, like everywhere just itchy itchy itchy. Well, this morning, I woke up SWOLLEN like crazy! I had to RIP my rings off my fingers. My feet hurt so bad when I'm on them. WHAT THE HELL causes this?! I can't go to the ER, because I have no one to watch my kids and no car seats. My fiance could leave work, but we need the money and besides he's in the mountains and it would be kind of an ordeal, imo. Anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this? TIA

Edited to add....I put pictures up on my page!

tytysgirl

Asked by tytysgirl at 10:50 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• It sounds like an allergic reaction. Since it is progressing, you may want to get to a doctor or an urgent care clinic. I know emergency rooms are terribly expensive. If you start having trouble at all breathing or feel that your throat is closing then you need an ambulance. You truly need someone to watch the children so you can get to a doctor at least.

Answer by Bmat at 11:42 AM on Nov. 26, 2008