Why does stay at home mom need to put kids in daycare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• So they can run erands, clean the house and and just have time to their self. And also so that the child can socialize and learn.

moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 11:00 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I don't know about full time care but I agree about needing to run errands and build social skills.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think that is an excellent question! My husband and I have made the financial sacrifice of me staying home so that we DO NOT have to put our kids in daycare! That kinda makes me think that whoever is doing that may be a little self centered and spoiled. If your children are such a burden, why have them? There are LOTS of women who would love the luxury of not working outside the home and have no CHOICE about putting their kids in day care-- even if it meant little time to themselves and having to *gasp* deal with their kids while running errands and doing housework!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think women that put their kids in daycare while they stay home are self-centered. I have 3 kids 5 and younger and if I NEED to run an errand that can't wait until hubby gets home, then they all go with me. They are the kind of parents that will send their kids to "school" to be raised by someone else so they don't have to do any of the work.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I never understood that either. Good question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• How about not judging others decisions for once around here. Things work different in every family.
    I think for the reasons stated above, errands, and to socialize.
    I dont and wouldnt except I am thinking about it to go christmas shopping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I was watching "WifeSwap" and one SAHM did this. I thought it was crap since she was just sitting home on the computer! I can understand doing it once in awhile for the kids if they enjoy it, though. When I was working full time and a single mother, I felt bad putting DD in daycare until I realized she loved it!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I knew a woman who had really bad post partum psychosis and was hospitalized after her first child. They chose to put her kids in child care because she was afraid to be alone with them.
    Anonymous

• I stay at home with my 2 year old, but she goes to preschool 2x a week (Tues/Thurs) for 3 hours for the socialization/group play. Her social skills have come leaps and bounds in the two months she has been going. She loves 'school', and now when we go to our playdates at the park, she actually plays with the other children instead of being shy of them and clinging to me.

I don't send her to preschool for that 6 hours a week because I'm selfish or lazy, I send her there because it is helping her learn to interact with others in a more healthy way, and because she loves going. It amazes me how judgemental some people can be...
    Jenyenydot

Answer by Jenyenydot at 12:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Daycare and preschool are totally completely different things. And I knew women when I worked at daycare centers that put their children in there full time while they came and sat at home or went out to get their hair and nails done.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2008