Why is my newborn son constantly pee'ing out of his diapers on to his clothes? EVERY time I change him.

im so confused.. his little wee wee is tucked it i check it every single time but he still is pee'ing out of his clothes. he is in newborn diapers, should i switch to bigger? he only weighs 8 lbs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure you point it DOWN, and that you've snugged the diaper around his legs.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Probably bigger diapers, and a brand change, my kiddo peed out of everything except for Pampers! You just have to try different brands until you find what works!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It might just be that the brand is not snug enough around his legs.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes, bigger diapers, also maybe a different brand. My son leaked through almost every diaper I could find (even when he wasn't totally soaked, a single pee would leak out) until we tried Luvs - they were the only thing that contained him!
    Anonymous

• Different brands fit differently. When my daughter was a newborn she HAD to be in the huggies snugfit, or whatever the more expensive ones were. after the first year, the huggies didn't fit right and we switched to pampers. That also does happen if the diapers are just too small.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Try a different brand
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We have found that Huggies work best with little boys. I think I would stick with the smaller size for now. Also, I think it helps if you "fan out" the legs.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I had the same problem for the first few weeks I brought my son home. Once I went up to size one I stopped having that problem :) and I made sure it was nice and snug but not too tight.
    jbrogdon5

Answer by jbrogdon5 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sounds like you might need to try a different brand of diaper. I know it may be silly, but different brand diapers acted differently with each of my children...ex: huggies worked great on my first born, but my middle child would leak through on her first pee in them. Make sure the diaper is the right size according to his weight...but I would simply try changing the brand. I found that walmarts cheap white cloud diapers worked the best. Good Luck!
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I never could figure out how my son could pee out the side of his diaper but his diaper is dry and no matter how I pointed his" stinger "
    he would always pee out side of the diaper, so I just got plastic diaper covers and they helped alot
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011