Do you use a table cloth on your dining room table?

If so, how many do you have in rotation? I have one for each season.

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 12:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Not everyday, if we're eating there as a family we use placemats, but when no one is eating there I like the wood.

For holidays and special occasions I use a tablecloth to protect the table. I do have one for each season, and a few for different occasions.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes, I do. We use our dining room table every day for meals & the tablecloth helps to keep my table clean & protects the wood from damage. I have several cloths, some are seasonal/holiday and others are for everday use.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Always. I have 5 or 6. It's only only eating table, and I don't want it getting scratched. Besides that I think it makes my dining room look nicer even though its a pretty table.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes, all different colors and ones for special occasions.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have a few for holidays but mostly I use table runners
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No - my dining room table is an antique and it's beautiful, I wouldn't want to hide it! But then again, we don't use it often. We eat in the kitchen.

Answer by missanc at 1:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We use them in the kitchen but not in the dining room. That table has a marble top and looks better without a tablecloth.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No, but our dining room is our main eating area, our kitchen has a breakfast bar for two, but that's it. I would be washing table cloths several time a day with the mess the kids make. I'm really not a fan of the look of them either, but I have a big gorgeous wood table.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• most of the time
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 1:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes! Even though it is a nice wood I still cover it because everyone comes right in the front door to the dining-room and just plops all there stuff on the table. I would rather it be covered then to get scratched up more then it was when I bought it from a neighbor for only $50.00. It has two liefs for it and 4 chairs all in Cherry wood.
    mlgrob57

Answer by mlgrob57 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011