When will I get my check?

Okay I have a question, I always get my pay check on Fridays. But since tomorrow (thurs) is a Holiday the mail gets pushed back a day which means our checks wouldn't arrive till Saturday. However its illegal for them to pay you late, so does that mean I will be getting my check today (weds) my Father thinks so who I tend to believe (he is a HR manager) but I was just curious as to what everyone else thought. So do you think I will get my check today or have to wait till Sat? Thanks!

Cassidysmom611

Asked by Cassidysmom611 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• I've always received my paycheck on Wednesday. I would think you will, too.
    lehman.betty518

Answer by lehman.betty518 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My payday is on Thursdays, since tomorrow is a Holiday, I get paid today!!! yay!!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• If it is mailed to you, and they mailed it on time, then they aren't paying you late, so maybe not. It would be nice for sure, but you might not be able to count on it.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I agree with Chille.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• They will most likely mail them out today and you should get them on Friday.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• chille is right, as long as they mailed it in time, they aren't paying you late. They have no control over the post office. More than likely, though, they will either hand it to you today, or they will mail it today and you will still get it on Friday. I used to work in an HR dept, and we always had to rush Thanksgiving week to get the checks ready to go on Wed.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Maybe you'll still get it Friday. can you get direct deposit?? Hubby will get paid Friday morning at midnight. Just in time for some Holiday 4 am shopping:) YAY!!!! hehehe My hubby is paid the 15th and 30th so that's always a different day of the month. It's annoying at first but it's been 7 years so we are used to it. GOOD LUCK I hope you get it Friday!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 11:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I have direct deposit so the money is always available on payday. You can set up DD even when you work sporadically or part-time.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2008