I was pregnant with fraternal twins. One died at 9w 1d and the other one had a healthy heartbeat and was bouncing. My doctor said this one should be okay, should I worry?

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have known a few people to whom this same thing has happened, and the second baby was carried to term and delivered without incident. I know one such child who is today a college student--the baby, I mean!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• That happens sometimes. I have known lots of people with the same situation, and usually even if one baby doesn't make it, the other one will. Hang in there and try not to worry too badly, I know it's hard that situation causes so many conflicting emotions you barely know what to think.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• it actually is VERY common for one twin to die and the other to come out perfectly healthy. my best friend was a fraternal twin but her twin died in the womb. sorry for your loss. but like i said the loss of one fraternal twin is very common
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If you doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't be. My mom was a twin,and her twin died in utero too.... She was a healthy 5lbs....
    Anonymous

• my little sisters are fraternal twins too, they're 14. when their mom was pregnant with them she was only 18 and her doctor said to her "now in cases of fraternal twins it's very common for one to die but its ok because the other one will make it to term" that really pissed her off and she never wanted to see that doctor again. i can imagine not wanting to either, that's really insensitive. point being though that you should just relax
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thank you for all your comments everyone. I feel so much better!
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I dont know but i really wish you luck. and im sorry to hear about the baby that didnt make it
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• This is far more common than anyone ever wants to admit. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2011