How can I get my daughter to start sleeping through the night?

She is 6 1/2 months old and she still wakes up 3 or 4 times a night. She goes to sleep around 9 and is usually awake by 11 and wont go back to sleep for a while then is awake every 2 hours after that and gets up at 6 or 7 and stays up.

One_Love88

Asked by One_Love88 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was like that. Is she breastfed? My son didn't start sleeping through the night until we weaned him at 15 months.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:20 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My daughter started sleeping through the night at 2 months old and all of a sudden around 6 months she started waking up 2 or 3 times. After a few months of going back in her room and rocking her we decided to try the cry it out method and it works so well! She sleeps all night now and if she does wake up at night she puts herself back to sleep! When your baby wakes up what do you do? Feed her? Rock her?
    Also, how late are her naps? Maybe she is taking naps to late and wont sleep well at night
    newmommy1201

Answer by newmommy1201 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I HAVE A 4 MONTH OLD AND SHE SLEEPS THROUGH THE WHOLE NIGHT AND WAKES UP @ 6 OR 7 IN THE MORNING... ALL U HAVE TO DO IS KEEP HER ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE.. DO EVERYTHING EVERYDAY AROUND THE SAME TIME... I GIVE HER A BATH AROUND 9 THEN I GIVE HER A BOTTLE SHE IS KNOCKED OUT IN 10-20 MINS... WHEN U BATHE UR CHILD MASSAGE HER AND COMFORT HER TO GET HER REALLY TIRED... I HOPE THIS HELPS
    sramos20

Answer by sramos20 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Make sure she's not getting too much sleep during the day. If she's not then its just a habit for her to wake up then. All babies wake up a few times during the night. Most of them can get back to sleep though without help, the others need something to hwlp go to sleep ie paci, bottle, mom. You're just oing to have to be strong and let her learn by herself by letting her cry it out. It's heartbreaking but my son learned after 3 days and now sleeps quietly all night
    SarahShirey

Answer by SarahShirey at 1:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Check out www.magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous