Do your kids "take care" of you

when you're sick? I woke up at four AM vomiting and have been all morning. I was laying in bed and my two year old son walks in, sits next to me with the blankets over his lap and just stroked my hair and babbled with me for a good half hour and no matter what daddy tried to do or play with him, he wouldn't leave me. Then after the half hour he kissed me on the forehead and waltzed off to go play. He's been back and forth all day and I think it's so cute. :)

Do your kids ever return the favor like this? Share your adorable stories!

MamaStuart

Asked by MamaStuart at 1:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Awwweeee!! How sweet is that?! It's nice to remember these times when they're being a little pain in the you know what. Kids are amazing how they sense things like this, they know what mommy needs too :) Hope you get to feeling better
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• yes my kids are usually great. One time my DH had left on a business trip and I wke up very sick. I couldn't even drive them to school because I was vomiting so much. The three of them were great checking in on me, playing nicely together, and getting me pops or water or toast.

It is always nice when they like to take care of you.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Awwww - I miss those years!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes :) my 3 year old is so sweet to me. If I tell her mommy doesn't really feel too good today she will hug and kiss me all day and bring me blankets and toys, lol. When I had morning sickness she would come into the bathroom and hold my hair and rub my back. Just as I do to her. The other thing she does is when I get an "owie" both her and my youngest daughter will give my owie kisses and my oldest will go get me a bandaid and put it on me.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• That is so cute!! My kids will check up on me when I'm sick or just let me rest. I don't get sick often.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• That is super sweet!!! my kids use to do this when they were small and now that they have grown they do the same........

Answer by older at 1:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No not anymore LOL. My youngest is 6 if I threw up she would wait and then ask me for something. That would be as far as her kindness might extend. My other kids are 11, 17, 18 and 21. Maybe my 21 yr old might bring me some 7-up or soup or something. But shes a mom so she gets it.

Answer by gemgem at 1:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yep! I love that! lol my 2 yr olld even kisses my boo-boos if he sees one!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My twin girls are always very sweet when I don't feel good but the funniest story about that was one time I was laying on the couch feeling AWFUL and one of my twins was rubbing my hair and told me she was going to go to "doctor school" to make me better. Then my other twin came and said she had prepared a performance to cheer me up. She did a comedy routine (heavy on the knock knock jokes) that really did make me feel better:) What was really weird was my mother in law went to a psychic reading shortly after and asked about her twin granddaughters and he told her that one was going to end up in the medical field and the other was going to be in the entertainment industry....

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 2:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Oh I loved it when my kids were that age. They are older now (16 and 12) and just not that long ago I ended up getting motion sickness and said I had to throw up...my 12 yr old said I'll hold your hair mom and followed me to the bathroom. He did hold my hair for a minute and then decided it was too gross and he had to leave and he came back with a glass of water.
    My older son will bring me things like soup or 7-up when I'm sick or cover me up with blankets or prop up pillows for me if I'm on the couch.
    They have definitely continued to grow up to care for their mommy. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011