From 4 kids to 5?

Would you do it? I have four kids, ages 2 to 8, all 2 years apart, 2 girls, 2 boys. I am kinda sorta thinking I want another, but I want to hear from other moms with big families(or small, doesn't matter- just want opinions!).

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 1:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I cant imagine having four kids. I only want two, but I suppose in your case...if you can afford them...go for it.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 1:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Omg.. NO.. haha.. Just kidding.. if you can handle 4, there's no doubt you can handle a fifth child.. in fact you might not even notice #5 is around - haha.. I have one and am not one that could handle even the chaos and fighting and noise of 2.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• for me I would not do it. I am kind of funny and think that even numbers work better when you have children, I have 3 children and it seems like someone is always left out, for my family the dynamic works because we make it work, although a part of me wishes we had a 4th. So for me I would not have a 5th child unless I planned on having a 6th As far as being hard or difficult, I would think it isn't any harder than having 4 children.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My sister in law has 7 and she says just like wish2b did, after 3 or 4 it didn't make much of a difference. Go for it :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have 5, but 4 was much easier. We had to buy a new kitchen table to seat 8 rather than our one that seated 6, we had to buy a bigger car, etc. Also - my mom always said it was better to have an even number of kids because they tend to play in pairs and if there's an odd number, one is always left out. Not sure how true that is, but . . . our 5th wasn't planned.

Answer by missanc at 1:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have 5. My last two have 4 years between them though and it was pretty awesome. I didnt go any more insane then I had with 4, and had plenty of time with the baby while the 4 yr old was in pre-k.

Answer by gemgem at 1:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If you can afford it GO FOR IT! We are in the process of trying foor Number 4 I have 2 boys and a girl and this new baby better be a girl! (that comming from my 5 yr old daughter... she is eager to even things out here!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We ar a military family with 5 kids... ages 8,5,4,1 and 4 monthes, we do very well and the truth is that we are ging to have a 6th! I love having a very large family! My kids are well rounded ,well behaved, always have a friend and the fac is that if you want to have another you will do just fine! Good luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011