What do you use under your kid's swing sets?

I am installing a swing set for my kids here soon and wanted to know what would be the best thing to put under it as padding for those less graceful kids like mine.

Clearly, this is not my exact set or location.. just give you a visual idea.

Asked by zoejains_momma at 1:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• There's mulch that is made out of recycled tires. I'm a big fan of using that under play areas.

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We've had swing sets in our back yard for about 40 years now and have never used anything under them except grass.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We use wood chips. Kinda messy and have to be replenished ever year. They do sell tire rubber that is softer but more expensive.

Answer by mamaada at 1:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Just the grass that's growing there (well, it's dead grass at the moment, LOL).

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We use the rubber mulch and that fake grass stuff...

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Used to be it's dirt from their feet rubbing all the grass out when they try to stop, lol. My kids have never been hurt. Better than pavement! I worry MORE about which child won't be paying attention and will walk in front of or behind another one swinging and get knocked out, lol!

Answer by Renee3K at 1:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I just have grass under mine

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2011