Serious vent & dont know how to handle this

Ok I have posted before about the nightmare I have gone through with our dd being in a cheerleading company. The woman who runs it was supposed to be my friend and well I dont consider her one anymore. I took my dd to one class, and gave her $50 towards a uniform that cost $75. Registration was free and the monthly fee is $25 which she waived since my dd came in mid month & it would take a month to get her uniform. My cousin also joined and quickly quit because the woman running it is just always asking for more money and changing practices etc.
I finally pulled my dd last weekend after getting 3 emails from this woman about practices for my dd knowing I had a bday party that day for my son and granddaughter. It got to the point of ridiculous. First this woman says she needs more $ to get my dds uniform. No problem I had it in hand but had a bday party. Asked to meet her some where, she says no. Then she says she ordered her uniform so I couldnt quit. Now she says she sold my dds uniform, but couldnt get full price because it was used. I never got the uniform so how was it ever used?
So I am supposed to meet her tonight to get my refund. She sends another email saying she is only refunding $45, and is charging us $5 for the one class my dd went to. Fine. Then another email saying I owe her $16 and she wont refund me at all. Then calls me and starts asking me for more money and for my dd to come to class.
What the heck do I do now?> I seriously feel harassed. I am talking now of getting more then 25 emails in just a few days & multiple phone calls from a woman I told to get lost basically. Her husband was some big wig cop here in town and just left. I cant believe hes married to a psycho.

Asked by gemgem at 1:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Tell her that you will report her to the Better Business Bureau, and then do so.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'd tell her to keep the money and not contact you again. You're DD is done and that's THAT!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Makes you wonder if she was trying to make a profit from you. I've had friends who's daughters belong to cheering squads or dance classes and the uniforms are so expensive. She sounds like a controlling freak!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would tell her to piss off, keep her refund with the express agreement she STOP harrassing you and cut your losses. Sometimes you have to weight the emotional price, lose some money and walk away. I would send her one final email telling her you find her business practices ridiculous and unprofessional and consider this as her notice to cease and desist all contact with you. Walk away - it ain't worth it!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would just go meet with her, take whatever she offers, and be done with her and the whole mess. Whatever money you lose in the process just chalk up to good learning experience and move on.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• um, if $50 is not going to kill your pocket book I'd say cut your losses, this woman is really trying to stir something up. I'd save the emails and voicemails if she leaves you any just in case you need them. But you're right sounds like a psycho!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I did tell her to keep the $50 and to kiss my A$$ LOL thats the thing, she still kept on and on. I am like omg seriously? I told her it isnt worth arguing for the $50 and that I found her business practices horrible and would be sharing it with EVERY MOM I KNOW. I think that is what got her LOL. She knows I know an awful lot of moms and being a small town bad experiences with a company can end you. I am sending my fil to pick up whatever refund she is offering & the shoes my dd supposedly has there that I paid for. But if she keeps harassing me I seriously am going to go ballistic on her.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Ask her to STOP e-mailing and calling you. You can quit if you want. Short of small claims court there is NOTHING either of you can do about this matter. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and if she keeps it up, call the phone company you use and report her for harassing you and put her e-mail on your spam list or block it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Report her to the Better Business Bureau

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011