I need help with my docter

I have had bad migraines for 10 weeks now I have been in the hospital three times and finaly I saw a nueroligist my third time there.. and he prescribed me for the rest of my term elivil and percocet I told my docter that the percocet was too strong and they put me on hydrocodone.. and now I am out and they refuse to refill my perscription and now I am back in constant pain and I need help.. they told me I can go see my regular doc and made an appointment to see my nuerolgist again im confused and upset and I need some advise on how to approch this with my new docter.. please help!

Jecie237

Asked by Jecie237 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Just explain to the doctor everything that has taken place so far, and be very clear about how much pain you are in. Do you have any idea what is triggering this? I have struggled with severe migraines for years, and I recently stopped having them altogether after learning some posture adjustments from an anusara yoga teacher. I've been really amazed by the results. I'd be happy to share with you if you think it might help.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:14 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Um... hydrocodone is stronger than percocet. They are probably not refilling it due to the fact that there are alot of people that are drug seekers, and it is normal procedures to not refill the script. I advise you to talk to your new doctOr about what you are feeling. Did you know that caffenine is proven to help with migraines?
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i know this may seem a little stupid...but have you had your eyes checked? Whenever it was sunny I had to wear sunglasses bc I couldn't see, and if I didn't I would have sucha migraine I couldn't move.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I would also just tell your Dr about whats going on. Idk if he will continue the pain pills, but the thing that helped me most was just laying down in the dark, no noise, and just stay there.
    shorti3287

Answer by shorti3287 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2008