I thought I was suppose to be getting a stomach, not love handles......

I will be 16 weeks on Sat. and I am starting to get really disgusted when I look in the mirror. I am starting to show but I am starting to get the love handles, especially the area right above my butt and coming around on my sides. It is hanging over my panties. Before I got pregnant, I had a very tine waist with a very tight firm stomach and no love handles. Why is this happening? I still go to the gym at least 3 times a week doing cardio. What can I do to get rid of these? And please don't say wait until after the baby because it is only going to get worse and then be harder to get rid of. HELP!!! It is starting to depress me! And especially since bikini season is almost here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I got them too, and when the baby weight came off so did to love handles, people gain weight in different places.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Unfortunately, it really IS true that every pregnancy is different. With my first son, I grew all the way around, including those lovely love handles you're talking about. I'm now 37 weeks with my second son, and he's all stomach. The best thing to do is to keep active, but don't start obsessing about it, because in the end, your body will do what it wants to do, regardless...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i got them to and i went to the gym for 2 hours a day working out hard. you really can't avoid it. you get them to help the stomach stretch for when the uterus starts to grow bigger. it's actually a good thing that you get them because it's less likely you'll get stretch marks. they will go away. ik how you feel about bikini season!!! last summer i spent it 8/9 months pregnant and it sucked but this year i'm spending it in a bikini.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2011