What are some date ideas outside the house? "frugal"

I'm on a extremely low income. So me and my partner don't get out much. It's maybe about 4 times a month we do, only when their are free activities to do in town. My partner doesn't like window shopping or volunteering. I'm looking for cheap, free, and frugal date ideas we can do outside the home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• You can have a picnic now that its getting warmer. You can go for a drive to a state park and hang out there. Some of my best "dates" with my ex were me and him going to a state park where there was a lake and parking and just sitting around talking and maybe having a sandwich. That was before he had a good job or we had a house. In fact, I kinda miss the low income days because you have more meaningful times I think.

Answer by gemgem at 1:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• One early evening on a full moon lit night, my husband and I walked a bike trail to a coffee house, where we had some light refreshment. Then we walked home. I was absolutely giddy with the magic of spending this very wise and thrify time with him.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 1:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Our local park has "Movies in the park" once a month. Check with your local Chamber of Commerce to see if they have this program at any of your parks.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Depends on where you live, but with summertime coming up I know locally we have outdoor movies at the local art museum, lots of free concerts with local bands, and local street fairs. My husband and I have done $1.50 movies at a local 2nd run theater, and one night/week they have $1 popcorn and $1 drinks - so we can get a movie with snacks for $7! Have you thought about taking a class together? Our local parks and recreation department has classes for sailing, rock climbing, etc. and aren't that expensive, plus sometimes they have "scholarships" for people with low incomes.

Answer by missanc at 1:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• we like to go to the beach and have picnics and go for walks, not sure where you are but picnics are always nice and we always have a good time. drivethru movie places are usually inexpensive and you usually get 2 movies for the price of one. sometimes we just drive, i know gas prices are terrible right now so it may be a bad idea but he loves to drive and I love to ride, we laugh and enjoy our time together out of the house and sing along with the radio. again, not sure where you are at, but we have a nature center here that is really cheap to get into and it is huge, like going to the zoo.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Don't know where you live but restaraunts,com you can get a $80 gift card for $20! We have a farm baseball team here that has $1 entry and $1 hot dogs and sodas on certain nights, I also like the movie idea!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Well you could go to the park and have a picnic.... or go and just take a walk looking at the stars... thats always nice and at least your with your partner.
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We love to go by the river, turn on the radio and dance in the moonlight. It's romantic as all get out till the gators come round.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2011