I need help with constipation.......

Last week I went a whole week without going. And I was eating my fiber cereal and drinking apple juice and taking metamucil pills. I was not a regular person before pregnancy but it is now worse. What can I do besides the normal stuff the Dr. says. Is there any kind of pill / Meds. that can be taking while pregnant? I feel horrible!!!!!!

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 1:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My mom swears by eating prunes and/or drinking prune juice.
    Constipation can also occur if you aren't drinking enough fluids, so make sure your drinking enough! Exercise is also very important, be sure your taking walks and stretching.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 1:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Don;t you just love those iron pills? Have you tried drinking Metamucil? The pills never did much good for me, there is a product called fletcher's castoria, you can take a teaspoon or two of that, but don't keep doing it,, just let it get the ball rolling, and try to eat tons of fiber, and lots of water!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I did not go for 41 days, and I got really sick. Dr said to go to local drug store and get Extra Strength laxative. It was pill form. 12 hours later.... My life was back to normal.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would try prune juice first and then ask your dr what he/she recommends.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• my doctor told me to start taking a stool softener and it has helped me alot! I couldnt go for almost 2 weeks so ask the doc about that and good luck!!
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• when u wake up in the morning try drinking plain warm water that should help!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2011