Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My children's father says he won't get taxes back...............

But i have not received them yet he's not remarried and how will they come i've never got the taxes and he's behind.............i guess they'll come in a check or what will i receive a notice, will the state and federal be combined, help me out if you've ever been through this or know something about this

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • My dd's sperm donor said that I'd be getting like a grand or 2 from him a couple of yrs ago. from his refund. He was behind a couple grand at the time. It posted that the check had been deposited, but it was pending, so I called to find out why, and was told that since he filed w/ his wife that they would have to hold the check for 6 mo. to give her time to claim her half, should they get divorced. After 6 mo. they returned the check to them, because they realized that all the taxable income was in "her" name. Does your ex have a gf or anyone that he could've filed jointly w/? If not, I'd call up there and see what's going on w/ your money!! Best of luck!!

    Answer by HappyEndings at 2:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • no ex or gf he filed with

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • Do you have a wage garnishment against him? If not there is really nothing you can do, if so you need to call the IRS and the State and let them know you have a garnishment order, I am not sure if the will send you the whole thing or a portion,, if you don't garnish his wages, I would think about starting! Did you allow him to claim your kids or did you?

    Answer by kimigogo at 2:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • he's not allowed to claim children, and yes garnish is in, and he's so far behind

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • Well your in luck, contact the IRS and the State, with his SS number, they will probably need a copy of the order, but at least if he is getting money back, you will get some, but it is possible that with out the dependt claim he might not be getting any back,,ask him to see a copy of the tax return, if he doesn't have anything to hide, it shouldn't be a big deal for him to show it to you!

    Answer by kimigogo at 2:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • in order for him to say he's not getting anything, have me guessing he's claiming someone else, he said that he suppose to got a decent amt. back

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.