Is it a good idea to stay with your bf/husband, for the kid(s)?

kristyn27

Asked by kristyn27 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• No. Because kids are smart enough to know that there are problems.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No, never. just my opinion and personal experiences.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No, but it's a good idea to stay and work on your problems for the kids. JMO.
    Anonymous

• No. Why sacrifice your happiness and the kids. They don't need to see unhappy parents.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I couldn't do it after an affair. Not worth all the stress and resentment. I know someone who did after her hubby had an affair and she claims that "the affair was the best thing that ever happened to her marriage"! Huh? She made him go out and get her a bigger diamond, got remarried and even a 2nd honeymoon. She claims she did it for the kids...not sure.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• depends on what the problems are. I think if it is worth it for the children than the marriage is worth working on. Almost anything is fixable. Go back to the start of the relationship. But if you are set on divorce..it doesn't matter when it is..it will always be hard on the kids. They will always be your kids
    Anonymous

• We might have some things in common since I have been asking the same question and trust me not an easy one to do. Guess just depends on if you still love him or not. I am finding people will help with advice but just like I am finding out only you can make the choice for you and your family. Ask yourself if a good father? I been asking if can make it on my own with three kids ages 9,7 and 6. If want I will there for you as a friend and just send me a note and will try to be there for you any way I can.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No.... It just makes for more stress and you just dont trust the husband or bf after that. The children always feel the stress and know that something isn't right.
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• well my daughter is still very young and i kind of feel like if i love her enough it can make up for the lack of love for him. theres alot of small details to the situation...like we went through court and had joint custody and she is still small so i was really upset when she would go with him...we were apart for almost two years before we got back together. Has anyone ever gotten back with their ex after going through court over custody?>
    kristyn27

Comment by kristyn27 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I won't get back together with an ex. I figure he is an ex for a reason, and unless that reason has ceased to exist then it's not worthwhile to try again.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2011