Unannounced Visitors

What do you do when you are at home, but you are very busy (today I was trying to get my son and myself lunch as quickly as I could so I could finish getting myself ready and then get out the door to go to work- not much time to spare)?

I let the visitor in, but then really paid no attention, because I had to get my stuff done! I didn't offer them lunch, because I hadn't made enough since I didn't know anyone was coming. I felt rude. What I wanted to do was tell them straight up that they need to leave and come back again another time, but I felt that would have been rude too...?

How do you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would have said, "I am sorry this is not a good time. Next time make sure to call so we have time to chat"..hahaha... okay that is what I would want to say, but I would probably let them in and continued to get ready. But I would say, "Sorry to have to rush off...If you call next time we can surely schedule more time". Then they know that they should call first, but you are still being hospitable and not refusing to see them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i would have said hey im about to leave thanks for stoping by i will be free at ___ time :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My doors are always open, we have teenage visitors almost every evening. I always make time for someone who in this day and age made a point to come see me personally. The door says C'mon In!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• let them know not in a rude wya but hey im a bit busy i have to get ready for work and im sorry but i dont have the time to chat with ya but ill give you a call after work.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Hah, just happened to me. It's usually my parents bringing the kids snacks and treats and I can just continue what I'm doing because they will just sit and play with my daughter. Any other visitors I'd be annoyed!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2011