Diarrhea.....help! (repost)

My 23 month old son has bouts of diarrhea and I feel like I've tried everything. He isn't eating anything different, and he eats bananas and probiotic yogurt just about everyday. Last time I took him to the doctor, I was told to try acidophilus, which is what we're doing now, in addition to the yogurt, bananas and everything else. He's going on his 7th day of diarrhea and he has a doctor's appt, what else can I do?

MomMom23

Asked by MomMom23 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my now 3 year old does the same thing and has since she was a baby. I am not sure what it is either, but I am guessing it is from her runny nose since she has had this as well since she was a few weeks old. I might have a talk with her doctor when she goes back in April. I think it can be from allergies as well. She will go for a while without it then all the sudden get it and last anywhere from 1-2 weeks then it goes away then comes back she is potty trained as well. It isn't like she is constantly going to the bathroom just when she does it will be watery like diarehea
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Stop the yogurt. Sometimes probiotics can make diarrhea worse - we use it, and I noticed last week a couple of my kids were getting too loose with it - we cut it out for a couple of days and they were fine again (it wasn't just them, it was me too). Plus the dairy in yogurt can make diarrhea worse. So cut out the yogurt, and possibly try a REAL probiotic.
    Anonymous

• B-R-A-T!!! Bananas Rice Apples Sauce/Juice and Toast.. Stay away from the yogurt. Yogurt and Whole Wheat actually makes the body flow. And i hope that will work.. Im actually on the opposite hand my DS cant go poop!!
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2011