Is Forgiving and Forgetting the way to go? Input please!

I have a hard time letting go of things from the past, I dont think I have to with some circumstances, I also dont feel I have to be supportive of people who have done mean and hurtful things to me and my family.
Does this make me look bad if I dont break bread and celebrate with these people? Even though my Dh is still supportive and will goto the festivites without me?

It might make me look like a Bi*&^h but they should have thought of that before ruining my wedding and talking crap behind my back right?!

Should I have to be supportive for my DH to keep the peace?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think it makes you look bad at all. I think we're all human and there are some things that we cannot take or forgive.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I couldn't agree more craftingmama.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 2:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sometimes depending on what happened we might be able to forgive, but really how will you ever forget? I have some situations that I've forgiven someone for but even though it is never mentioned I've never forgotten. Thats my answer.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You might forgive one day but you will never forget. depends on what they did to you.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Without knowing what happened, who are we to judge? As long as you are not refusing purely out of spite. Sometimes it's best to let things go...Life is too short to waste time being angry.
    On the other hand, there are some people that you really should keep out of your life because they are toxic.
    Only you know the situation. Does it cause trouble with your hubs that you choose not to go? If yes, then maybe you should take a hard look at things and ask yourself if you can take the high road and let bygones be bygones. And if it doesn't bother your hubby and you are satisfied with the way things are going, by all means, keep at it.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• On the happiest day of my life my BIL was taking a poll at my reception giving me and my DH two years, he was talking this nonsense to EVERYONE, even my family from out of town who didnt even know him! then to top it off, was sexually harassing my bridesmaids, and racially stereotyping my family. It was very hurtful and embarassing when I got back from my honeymoon to hear all of his bad behavior. So basically now I dont feel I should have to support anything he does or is involved with, why should I?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011