Twins what do i do?

so i am prego and just found out it is twins we have everything set up for one kid name picked out and everything now i have to get ready for the second one what do i do?

millertwins11

Asked by millertwins11 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Obviously, you aren't that far along, you have plenty of time to prep for 2 babies! Congrats and good luck
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• get ready! nothing much else you can do....congrats altho sure yourstill in shock
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• register for 2 of everything. Congrats!! Have friends and family make meals you can freeze. Register for LOTS of diapers.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Well, I guess you prep the best you can as far as getting one more of everything, but honestly you can probably put them both in the same crib at first. You'll need two car seats and a double stroller. A nursing pillow is a great place to prop up one baby next to you while you are feeding or holding the other. You'll cope with it. I'm sure it's a shock now but you'll get used to the idea and you will adapt. It won't be easy but a new baby never is. Honestly, more than anything, I would say spend as much of the time left before the babies come resting up and enjoying time to yourself and with your DH because you won't get much of that for a long time after the babies are here. And maybe stock the freezer with easy meals so at least you don't have to worry about what to eat on top of keeping up with two newborns. Best of luck to you. Look on the bright side, your kids will have each other to lean on their whole lives. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Congrats!!!! :)
    Buckle up and enjoy the ride! The 1st year is the toughest!
    As for items that you'll need. I've known moms to have their twins share a crib until they can roll. If they're both boys or girls they can share clothes. White onsies are unisex :) lol

Start stocking up on DIAPERS AND WIPES, DIAPERS AND WIPES, DIAPERS AND WIPES :) Size 1 and up, because chances are, they won't be in NB that long! :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It sounds like you're still in the shocked and stunned phase. Start doing a little research and getting feedback from moms who already have twins, and then expand your plans as necessary. If you haven't already joined a group for twin moms, do that and start asking questions there. Congrats!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Join a Mothers of Multiples group! Those ladies know their stuff! Other than that, just make sure you have all the clothes and gear that you need. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Well first off let me say congrats. My very first pregnancy was twin boys. Who are now 4 going on 5. But i remember all of it. When i first brought mine home i only had one crib, but it worked out fine for the first month. So dont stress if you dont have two. I would say though that you might want to get everything ready earlier than you would for one baby because you have a higher chance of getting placed on bedrest. I am not saying this to freak you out just trying to let you know. And its not like you will have to be on bedrest i have had friends of twins who went all the way to 39 weeks without having any problems at all. But it is just nice to be prepaired for the just in case. Also you will want to register for two of everything if you are planning on doing so. You will need to figure out if you plan on keeping the name you picked out or if you want the names to "match",my kids names are about as far apart as you can get
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 3:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If your still worried or just want to talk you can alway message me. I know it can be scary. As i said my first pregnancy was twins and i was also only 18 years old at the time. The best advice i can give you is to get on a schedual as soon as possible. It will make life so much easier and less crazy.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 3:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• congrats!!!!
    my twins shared a crib for a year!
    i had a great double stroller that held two infant carrier seats, and then could hold nearly a weeks worth of groceries in the basket!
    on another note...read the book what to expect when you are expecting twins, triplets, quads and more. they highly recommend eating an absolute ton of food to stay off bedrest and have full term babies...it is sooo hard having a baby or two in the nicu!
    to be perfectly honest, babies do not need all of the things that they make for babies! keep it as simple as possible, get jammies with zippers b/c they are much faster than snaps and buttons. when people ask what they can do for you, suggest that they prepare a frozen meal for you so you have something to eat for those frantic days that may lie ahead!
    congrats again!!! when are you due?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011