How can I explain a divorce in the family w/o scaring my children?

My grandma and step-grandpa are getting a divorce. I don't want to scare my kids (ages 2 and 5) who adore their grandpa, or make them think he is a bad person, although he probably will have little to no contact with them in the future. I also don't want them to worry that if Mommy and Daddy don't get along on occasion that we may divorce. He is their Grandpa, and even though he's hurt my grandmother (and other family members in the process) I still want my kids to love him. Any suggestions?

taterandmater

Asked by taterandmater at 11:32 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• i think the two year old wont understand no matter how hard you explain the five year old may me personally wouldnt say anything til the children do
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i would say grams and gramp are not getting long so they moving to separate houses and they both love you very much just sometimes when adults cant play nice they have to separate...or something along those lines. good luck
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2008