Second Shift workers - what does a normal day look like for you?

What's your schedule?
I'm having trouble figuring out a good schedule... here's what ours kind of is,but I have trouble fitting in time for running errands, grocery shopping, and things like that (I'm a single mom by the way).

8 am - wake up and play in the bed with the baby for a little bit before getting out of bed.

9 am - breakfast
- then the baby plays in the bathroom floor while I shower and get ready for the day.

10:30 am - baby is usually ready for a short nap

11 am - play time with the baby, guilty of turning on the tv when I need to get some things done around the house that I didn't have time for during his nap.

1 pm - lunch and get changed and ready for work.

2 pm - drop baby off at babysitter and head to work until 11:30 pm (then come home and get ready for bed).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• I used to work second shift when my girls were little and it was breakfast,get dressed and cleaned up run errands, lunch, naps then I would have to get ready for work. one thing I would always do when the kids went down for nap was tell them that i will see them tomorrow and have a good afternoon with daddy because when they wake up he will be home and I will be at work.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011