I have a very big family situation that i really need some help with. My husband & I seem to the the topic of every family discussion lately, & i dont know why. We usually go to my aunt for Thanksgiving & Christmas, but this year we decided to do something different & go to his moms house. My aunt sent me a text telling me what we have to bring to dinner, but never called or texted to see if we were going to come over for dinner so.........

i texted her & told her that we had plans to go over to our other families house this year for dinner & that if we had time before the day was over that we would stop by. So she sent me a message back saying ....... Yeah Ok like she had an attitude! I dont understand why we are the topic of all converstations that go on with the family. I mean my other aunt called & told my grandma that my Dh puts his hands on me, that he calls me out my name, & a bunch of other stuff. I mean they play favorites with my daughter & my niece & nephew. The get the other kids & shes at home with us all the time. I dont understand why they have to be this way. I mean Dh is the only one working & if & when we get something new or something they talk about us. Like how can they afford to do or get that when she aint working. I am stuck I dont want to turn my back on them, but I can not take anymore. Please any advice will really help please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds like you are making the right decision NOT going there for dinner!! I would just distance myself, all together and count the blessings that I DO have. Not ignore them or cut them out of your life, but just only see them when you have to. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• the best thing to do is to get together with all of them and ask them, including ur hubby, and ask them what the deal is. see what they say. if that doesnt work then i would go with the first answer.
    Anonymous

• yeah ive tried to talk to each one of them. but nothing has come form it. one say that she does not treat the kids differently, when she really does. i dont know my mom has even tried to talk to her sister, but nothing has happened. the other said that she never told my grnadmother that, but my mom told her that she even called her and told her the same thing when she was still living in Atlanta. So I know she told my grandma because she asked me about it. I told her he has NEVER done anything to hurt me at all. My DH said that they are probably just jealous. But I dont know why. Even if they are do they have to be this way?
    Anonymous

• Honestly I would have an attitude with you too. If you go there every year why would YOU not call HER to say you weren't coming. Now she has to change all the food plans and everything else that is connected to you. You are the one that changed the tradition, not her. I'd be pissed at you too.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 27, 2008