Wants vs. Needs.

How good are you at separating the two? Do you always or are there times that you just get what you want and figure it out later?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Not since I got out on my own and I've been even more careful since having my children. It's far to easy to spend too much if you're not careful and the second you don't have money, the car breaks down, one of the kids gets sick or you run out of something you actually need. All bad situations to be in.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have ALWAYS been able to determine my wants from my needs. I grew up in a poor home with a single parent and now that I am on my own we have to do the same thing or the bills don't get paid.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'm extremely good at it. Plus, I am a fantastic saver so on the occassion I see something I want, I have already saved that amount many times over so I can splurge and not feel guilty.
    Anonymous

• I'm wonderful at sorting the 2 out and taking care of needs only...then I remarried and now he has his NEEDS which really gets in the way financially. his NEEDS run around $20 a day yet I get bitched at for spending money on needs like the lights...but I guess if I pay the bills it would cut into his smokes and beer
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I think I'm super good at it too! luckily though we have enough income to cover all our needs and a few of our wants. But when my husband lost his job last November it was super easy to go through the budget and cut out the wants.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We are very good at it now. After a few layoffs it is easy to see what really matters and we save for the "luxuries"
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Pretty darn frugal here. I sort of get a kick out of saving money.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My wants take a back seat, one day I get the things I want if not, oh well I'm living OK without getting what I want.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I am good at it, but usually get what I want anyway and figure it out later.

Answer by gemgem at 8:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Im good at telling the diffrrence, dh not so much.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2011