Do your kids play any sports?

My dd is 4 and will start soccer on Saturday. This is the first time she will be playing any kind of sport. She is super excited and I'm a little nervous on how she will act. After soccer she will be a cheerleader but that won't start until the summer.

MissLoveLyfe

Asked by MissLoveLyfe at 3:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes my oldest plays football when the season is in. I was nervous the very fisrt time he played because i worried so much about him geting hurt. But he loves it.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My daughter is 4 and did gymnastics...she now does dance and just started T-ball last week.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My DD, 6, has been in ballet since she was 2, she loves it, and she is now starting softball this Saturday. My son is 4 and has taken a soccer class, that he LOVED and he totally suprised me with how well he listened to the teacher and behaved. I signed him up for another soccer class and a floor hockey (nerf) class starting next week, he's SO excited.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• my 4 yr old is about to start his second season of t-ball and also plays soccer.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My dd7 did gymnastics and soccer. This spring she will be doing teeball. My middle dd3 is going to start dance this summer after her fourth birthday.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My 4-year-old DD is in her second year of gymnastics; just started soccer; and starts swimming lessons in June! :-) Keep them busy!!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• girl 4 &5 are playing T-ball and in ballet
    son is playing baseball
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Basketball. Cheer & T-ball
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 3:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My son gets very whiny in athletics if things don't go his way. We've tried soccer; indoor and out, T-ball, Karate, swimming and gymnastics. He did a little better at the last three, but will slack off if allowed to, and the YMCA teachers aren't very authoritarian. He's 7 1/2 now.

My daughter is 4 and has been in swimming since she was 8 months (her choice, now) and has just graduated a level in gymnastics. Per her choice, she's heading over to the competitive side of the sport. We'd like to get her into more things but our lack of finances says otherwise.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes. My dd plays softball and cheers for football & basketball, does gymnastics as well. My 17 yr old weight lifts & track. My 11 yr old does baseball.

Answer by gemgem at 3:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011