what are the risks...

My daughter has a doc. appt. today. And they want her to have a Flu shot. What are the risk of giving her a flu shoot at this age young?

robinalbright

Asked by robinalbright at 11:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is she
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Slight fever, thats all I remember
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Sorry thought I included that... Shes 9 months
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:41 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• okay when they gave my daughter hers what they did was gave her half of a flu shot and then when she went back in for shots the next time which was a days later they gave her the other half and she didn't have any effect just a little cranky due to having shots that is it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i'm sorry it was thirty days later. my daughter is on my lap hard to type but they said they had to wait thirty days before they could give her the other half
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• maybe a slight fever and crankyness from getting the shot. its pretty rare they actually come down with the flu from getting the shot. I dont believe in flu shots myself simply becuz there are many types of the flu out there and that shot is only going to protect against the one so she could still end up getting the flu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• http://www.cdc.gov/FLU/about/qa/flushot.htm
    Anonymous

• She may be crabby and sore, and have a minor fever. If she's allergic to eggs or feathers, there may be a risk of allergic reaction. She'll probably want to sleep most of the day (just like any other vax days). The risks are MUCH lower than the risks of her getting flu, plus, if she DOES get the flu, it can be fatal.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I got all three of mine their flue shots as soon as they were over 6 moths. They were all fine. Angelina had a fever for about 6 hours, but not over 100.3
    monnieof3

Answer by monnieof3 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2008