What is, hands down, the worst illness you have ever had?

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 3:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Health

• I was sick when I was 12 and the doctors thought I had leukemia. I was so sick and anemic that I literally almost died. I was homeschooled for a couple months while they worked to find out what exactly was wrong with me. They never did find out. I upped my iron count though and was alright.
    Another time I came down with pneumonia. I didnt know I was that sick and went to the ER with an ear infection and had a blood oxygen level so low the doctors couldnt believe I was conscious. They brought in 3 machines lol they thought the machines were broken. I was admitted and in the hospital more then a week.

Answer by gemgem at 3:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The stomach virus while 8 and 1/2 months pregnant! I'm surprised I didn't throw up the baby I swear!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Well I'm living with sickle cell disease which is a pretty bad blood disorder.. and I've also had a kidney infection that got pretty ugly and landed me a 9 day hospital stay..
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 3:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The worst pain I have seriously ever been in was when I got double ear infections (inner and outer ear) in both ears at the same time. It was agonizing. I was literally deaf, I couldn't open my mouth or turn my head at all because if I did, the pain was like bolts through my head and ears. I cannot even explain how much it hurt. I went to the doctor and he was shocked at how bulging my eardrums were and how much pain I was in.
    This happened twice within about 6 months (about 8 years ago) and I still don't know why. But I hope it never happens again.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• kidney infections are the worst I have had so far, I do not want to know about kidney stones and never want to have them tyvm
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 4:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• COPD.................really, really sucks, can't breath
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 4:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Mono! I literally had to crawl to the bathroom when I had to pee I was so weak.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• ive had strep and i have to agree that it was probably the most rough illness ive ever had. this isnt considered an illness but when my wisdom tooth was impacted & the nerve was exposed, i dont think ive ever had any kind of pain including childbirth top that.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Cancer, nasopharyngeal carcinoma to be exact, 3 months of chemotherapy, about 3 weeks of rest and recuperating and then 3 months of radiation therapy. I've also had pneumonia and a kidney infection, which both were equally horrible. I've had none of these at the same time though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Pneumonia. I had had bronchitis for weeks following surgery, by the time I finally got care (my ex refused to drive me, took the phone, etc) I was very close to death. Now I suffer from chronic bronchial infections as a result.
    I also have Fibromyalgia, I almost want to say this is worse...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011