Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do i contact to open enroll

we live in a city and each class has 400+. my son had cp and learn problems so we feel it is best to go to a smaller school that is about 15 miles away. he is already going to preschool up there but do i call the princapal or the superindent? we both graduate from that school so we know how it is runned and how small the classes are plus all of their building are on one level which would be easier with his cp. the schools were we live are 3-4 stories high and now handicap ass.

Answer Question

Asked by apoe at 3:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 3 (17 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I don't think it matters, either person will point you in the right direction.

    Answer by UpSheRises at 3:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • Contact the school, but open enrollment might already be over. In Wisconsin, open enrollment is Feb 1 to Feb 28.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • he is 4 and so we have another school year to go before he is in kindergartin because of his birthday cut off. i email her cuz when i called the school must be closed today and her voicemail inbox was full so hopefully she will call be back. it is a lot better school then the ones we have around us. hopefully my hubby can get a new job so we can move into the district before he starts. hubbys job right now reguires him to live in this city. thanks for you help

    Comment by apoe (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • I went to a school out of my district my mother called the principal and the pricipal contacted the superintendant and they had my Mom to fill out open enrollement papers and i got approved

    Answer by miranda2011 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.