I need help with clothes stains

my girls are 3 years and almost 6 years and I have tried everything. You name it I have tried and I cannot find anything to get my kids clothes clean. I swear my kids wear clothes one time and it is ruined because they are stained. Rather it being food, drinks, or even just dirt. I cannot find anything to get their clothes clean. Please help. I am tired of buying clothes all the time because they stained up their clothes. They can stain their clothes without even going outside to play especially my 3 year old. Every single one of my 3 year olds clothes are stained up, but maybe like 3 outfits. Please help.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Spray it with a stain remover as soon as you notice the stain. Spray it before washing, use a good detergent and only do small loads of laundry at a time.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I can have stains sit for a week or so, and the combination I use ALWAYS works. There isn't a stain in this house, and I am proud.

I use Clorox 2 and Borax. Borax is something my grandma used. It's been around for ages and it's SUPER cheap. I let it sit for 2-3 days then wash. If the stain is still there, repeat. With a little patience there is a way to get almost any stain out from grape juice to blood.

I have also started adding Tide Stain Release to my laundry as well, though it doesn't work as well. To really get the stains out, you need to pre-treat with Borax and Clorox 2 and let it sit. I keep a bowl in my laundry room and just let it soak in there for a few days. Don't let it sit for too long because it can mildew.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Oh btw, when soaking pre-treat the clothing and then fill the rest of the bowl up with water. I forgot to add that detail. Be careful not to rinse the treatment off.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Well I kind of eyeball it lol. I just make sure the area is completely covered then I pour some extra in the bowl for good measure =P. Probably 1/4 cup. You can mix it together to create a paste and let it sit. But, it does take awhile.

I also add a capful of Clorox 2 per load and half cup of Borax per load. Make sure and don't jam pack the loads. It needs plenty of room to work in and get to the stains.

I also only wash my clothes on cold water, unless there's super gross things on it like poop or something. My towels and sheets though always get hot water.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Greased lightning will get out about ANY stain on Earth. You might also want to try scrubbing the stain no matter what product you use with a tooth brush to work it in. You CANT just throw it in the wash with a chemical and think the washer will get it out. It dosnt work that way. Greased Lightning will even work on OLD stains.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have personally NEVER scrubbed a stain and they come out with no problem. Lol I wouldn't even know how to scrub a stain and I'd be concerned I'd ruin the fabric. LOL. But yes, you do need to pre-treat stains and let the formula, whatever you choose to use, sit for awhile to help get rid of the stain. Tossing things in washers are not the best route to take.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• the thing is if I do that then I will always be spraying their clothes and they will be constantly changing clothes. With my almost 6 year old it is kinda hard since she is at school when she gets her stains. Sometimes I don't even knowtest them until I take them off or even if I go to wash them
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• how much doy uo measure for the Clorox 2 and Borax.?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• spray the stains with stain remover asap then wash may need a few outfit changes a day
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 10:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I love love love oxiclean max force spray. It has gotten out everything I have ever thrown at it including old items that had stains on it but I hadn't gotten around to throwing out. The only times it has not worked was a set in oil stain. Good luck!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 10:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2011