Should i be worried i lost 3 pds and i am going on my 21 weeks of pregnacy

i havent had a great appt. i had never felt this way with my other pregnacys i am geeting scared my doctor wants to see me in a few days agin to see how i am doing .

window7

Asked by window7 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Without knowing your bmi to begin with it is hard to say. People who are overweight when they get pregnant it is not uncommon for them to loose weight or not gain when they are pregnant. If you were underweight then it might be reason to be concerned. Really only a doctor can tell you. 3 lbs probably isn't a big deal especially in the course of a month. but better to check and be safe.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 3:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I lost weight during pregnancy too. I wouldnt worry about it!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i lost weight with my last pregnancy 10lbs to be exact and this one i havnt gained a single pound .....dont worrry at all
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 4:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I lost weight with my pregnancy, doctor said it was normal...his heart beat was strong and he was growing according to ultrasounds and measuring, it was just me loosing weight (but not on purpose).
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I am overweight to start with and when I was pregnant with DD I had her at 20 lbs less than when I got pregnant. She was healthy, so was I, and everything was fine. I'm 13 weeks now with number two.. and have lost 10 lbs so far.. dr. doesn't seem to be concerned.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I lost about 7 lbs when I was pregnant. Doctor wasn't worried because baby was healthy and growing on "schedule".

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• thanks for the answers it really makes me feel beeter i am not going to worry so much
    window7

Comment by window7 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It happens. Just make sure you are eating the best you can and dont worry so much about weight gain/loss.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have lost 12 pounds and I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. The doctor said everything was ok, but still worry. Alot of people have told me they have lost weight too during pregnancy.
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• nah, I lost 12lbs in the first 20 weeks.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 8:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2011