A good bit of pressure and lower back pain - the begining of labor?

it hurts my hips when i get up also and the pressure in my lower abdomen actually feels crampy now and then. I am too early to have her so i want to make sure that's not what is going on but my first son tried to come at 33 and 35 weeks and they let me have him when he tried at 36. I don't remember having lots of lower back pain with my first.

and i don't really know what the nesting thing is all about but i have turned my house upside down today to get the nursery ready and am thinking of breaking out some paint lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• im 35 weeks and ive been feeling the same way for a few weeks now. my Dr checked me out yesterday and he said its just normal pre-labor progression (ive started dilating & he's engaged ), but since this is #2 every things already somewhat lose so the back pain & pressure is stronger. its very unnerving tho...whenever mine kicks i think im going into labor!

since your first wanted to come out early, id definitely talk to the Dr about it. and be careful w/ that nesting...dont do anything you shouldnt be doing!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• it might or it might not be.. if your kick count is okay and you are not feeling it get worse i wouldnt worry.. if it gets worse go into L&D and have them give you a once over
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The back pain could just be how she is sitting in your pelvis. Other than that I would call your doctor's nurse line or midwife
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You should call your doc or midwife. It is always better to be safe than sorry
    alliesmom112

Answer by alliesmom112 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Call your doctor to ease your mind.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I think being uncomfortable is just normal, its going to be crampy, there is going to be back pain, hip pain, pelvis pain. If you start to have any blood, or period like cramping I would call. Also if you have pings of back pain, more like something is jabbing you in the back then just a cramp that comes, then goes away then comes again. Thats what back labor feels like. But if you really think something is going on it never hurts to call a doc and get checked out.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 4:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I agree with the above posters.  I feel like this all the time but I'm not in labor yet.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would have it checked out but most likely its just baby getting ready for birth!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011