Does anyone else get panic attacks sometimes?

I just had the worst one ever at the grocery store. Had to sit down. I don't get them very much, but I am really sick right now, and something about that triggered it.

What do you do when you have one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Health

• I was diagnosed with panic disorder in high school and was put on medicine to help. I went off of medicine after about 2 years and didn't have another bad one for about 5 years until my mother's passing triggered a lot of stress. I then started getting them badly again. I didn't want to be on medicine all the time again, so the dr gave me some meds for emergencies when I can't calm myself down on my own. I try to lead a less stressful life, eat right, exercise, and breathe deep and get plenty of sleep. They come less and less often now. The main thing is to make sure your body is taken care of, emotions and all.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes I have. I get them mainly when I drive. I get this way everytime I am pregnant. My anxiety level goes through the roof.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• you definitely should! there are a lot of neat tips on there for how to stop those obsessive thoughts and calming techniques, natural remedies, etc. my driver's anxiety started 2 years ago, worsened during my 3rd pregnancy and is now the worst it's ever been. just knowing im not alone in this weird fear helps =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes, two years ago I was in a terrible car accident and I was 5 months pregnant with twins.. I lost the twins and was terribly injured.. After that I started getting them.. Its the worse feeling in the world I went to the doctors and he prescribed me anti depressants that I have not taken because the side effects seem to be pretty bad.. I don't get them quite as often as I use to but its still bad. I would talk to your doctor!!
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 4:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sit down and breath into a paper bag slowly
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 4:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• To help calm myself I pull over and take deep breaths and try my best to calm down.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have not had one in years.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I used to get them but I do a lot of Yoga and Pilates now and don't get them anymore! Maybe you could try that?
    Mom2Josh909

Answer by Mom2Josh909 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Only when I have had to speak in public. It's horrible. Wish I could overcome that.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes. I really notice I start getting them when I don't get enough rest! That's the main breaking point for me for sure!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011