What do you get the man who has everything?

I'm trying to think of a gift for my soon to be father-in-law. The problem is, he has everything. One of those tech guys. He has an iPod, has a new TV, has a computer, has a laptop, has a Wii, but doesn't play it so games are out, I seriously talked to the Best Buy girl for a half an hour trying to decide what to get him. He is a music buff but has everything already on his iPod, doesn't really watch DVDs... I ended up getting him a gift card to Auto Zone for his birthday so he could work on his classic cougar. I can't really get him the same thing again... Help?

madrigalreject

Asked by madrigalreject at 11:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Shopping

• You could get him a electronic pic frame( i don't know the proper name) with pics of your family preloaded. I heard in a previous post that circuit city is going out of buisness and to be cautious of gift cards.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• lol sounds like my father in law. And i drew his name this year lol. Is he into any kind of sports or something you could buy him a membership to? My father in law loves to golf so im getting him a golf membership to the golf course he always plays at. Good luck ask your DH for help.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i don't know where you liveor whats around you but i'm thinking about getting my parents a cabin in amish country... i nice relaxing get away. but if you don't have an amish country around you think of something that is only a couple hours away that he could go a relax for a night
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• the second one is a good idea. i agree with her.
    Anonymous

• Ugh I have the same problem with my dad. Not in to sports, cars or things like that, just expensive tech stuff all of which he owns already :(

He's always been my problem for presents. ONCE I googled his name and found out he was a fanboy to some ancient pulp comic book character and managed to make an awesome gift out of that but there only so often you can milk that cow.

I'm at a loss this year again. He doesn't do the picture frame thing or the retired thing, just computers and books.

Good luck! I know where you're coming from!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• If he's a classic car buff, that gift card will ALWAYS be appreciated! Trust me we own several and they ALWAYS need something!
    If that's not an option, what about some sort of charging unit for all his toys???
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 12:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I was gonna say a roll in the hay til I saw father-in-law, ewww... My inlaws are very well off and we never know what to get, so we just give them a gift card for Olive Garden... every year, same thing.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 12:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Find out what he needs for his couger and order some chrome, or anything for the year cougar he has like a set of awesome seat covers, chrome air filter assembly, Find a jacket that displays the cougar on it with matching cap. Show him you are aware of his hobbies and your gift and your thought put into it will touch him more than some useless gift he will just put in a closet.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 8:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• If you're creative and crafty make him a gift basket with an assortment of his favorite things (favorite candy, cologne, etc) if you're not so crafty, go for a gift card to his favorite store or restaurant. Or try something like nice cuff links.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2008