I would like to container garden. Where do I begin?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We do it every year for flowers and tomatoes. Get the container, good soil, and follow the directions on the packet of seeds or plant the small plants as directed. Some flowers need shade, some sun. Most veggies need sun. Where ever you buy the plants you can ask for help. Enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• With a container of your choice, dont know if your going to build or buy, but make sure it's deep enough for plants to root. Are you going for flowers or herbs, maybe both? Areyou starting from seed or small starter plants? if I knew some of these answers i could help you. it is a lot of fun once you get started!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If you want veggies then you'll have to get seed packages. Just follow the instructions on the package. They will require a lot of sun so you will need to find flowers that require a lot of sun too if your putting them in the same container. Buy good dirt, it makes a big difference! I don't know what climate you live in so be sure and read the instructions on the back of packages to make sure it will work in your area. Have fun!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Redwood planters hold up the best ~ make sure you keep the containers watered during the summer (sometimes twice a day).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Veggies and flowers. We will be moving and I want a garden. I will be able to move my garden if I use containers.
    pookiekins34

Comment by pookiekins34 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• check online
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 10:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2011