How can I easily put up my long hair?

My hair is down to my lower back & it's thick so it gets hot.. I'm looking for ideas / advice on how to put it up; I have a toddler so I don't have much time to spend on it so I'm looking for easy / fairly quick things. I need as many ideas as possible cause I keep doing it the same way & my head is getting sore from where I always put it up.

Thanks :)

eab001

Asked by eab001 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• the clamp. you know that hair clamp thing with the teeth. twist your hair and line it up the middle of your head and clamp it and let the rest fall down. i always thought that was such a pretty way to pull hair back
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have these hair pieces that look like little metal spirals. I put it in a cute bun type thing and put those in. Quick, easy, and looks cute.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

•  these things

momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My hair is very long like yours and I have found these corkscrew bobby pins that I love. I think it works best when my hair is wet from the shower, and since my hair is so thick and long I use two sets, have one come from right and left as well as up and down.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• when i had long hair i wouuld pull it back in a loose pony tail and use a couple bobby pins and do a bun took about 5 mins to do
    the pp also stated a good way but i had a problem with it because i didnt have a big enough clamp with my thick hair.
    another way is just pull it back in a ponytail
    and last but not least. i used to even do braided pig tails.
    ohioautsimmommy

Answer by ohioautsimmommy at 4:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• a head band and a loose bun.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I just clamp up part of it , my bangs and some on the sides. Mine is too thick and long to put in an entire claw clip so I just do the front.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• hair clips, put in in a bun, braid it then in a bun, good luck
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011