Have you ever been...

bullied or the bully when you were younger? are your children bullied or the bully.

lucky35

Asked by lucky35 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was bullied horribly, which is a shame since I was in a private Christian school that my grandparents paid a ton to send me to. I couldn't get away from it while at that school- it was a small school, with 10 people in my 8th grade class- but once I hit high school, I found people that actually liked me! lol I learned that I could be myself without getting laughed at and ridiculed. I became a friend to everyone, regardless of the social class they were in(like prep, freak, all that), and I stood up for other kids that were getting bullied. After what I'd been through I couldn't stand seeing someone else suffer through it. I've taught my girls that you need to be a friend to everyone- they have really taken it to heart, and my oldest has stood up for people that were getting bullied even though she in turn got pushed to the ground and kicked. That one brought tears to my eyes, let me tell you.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• When I was in elementary school, I was bullied by someone. When my 4 older cousins found out, they talked to the bully, and I never had a bullying problem again. My cousins and I all went to the same school. I always stood up for the underdog.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Girls are terrible.. I can think of one instance I was picked on and alone but I am sure I did my share of not being nice.. never physically bullied anyone though or even up front picked on anyone.. so sad how mean kids seem to be now.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I was bullied. By my sister and brother. i was the oldest but i was the smallest, the only one with blond hair and light skin, and was always having to be in charge so it was terrible! My little gwen isnt a bully but for 5 1/2 months she sure is bossy!
    KittyTussand

Answer by KittyTussand at 4:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I was bullied until I learned to stand up for myself. I would never suggest this to any kid, but after I got in a fight in high school, most other people left me alone
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I dont believe that bullting is that common, I wa picked on, but I wouldnt say "bullied" an that stopped by 5th gade, and no, my kids aret PICKED ON!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011