Do you smoke?

or know someone that smokes and their homes stink of it? I can't stand it when my daughter goes to her boyfriends home and comes home smelling of that crap. i hate it. i make her wash her stuff right away

lucky35

Asked by lucky35 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Health

• No, I don't smoke and the smell drives me crazy too and its in my own home. My husband is on the Chantix right now trying to quit. I was so very thankful when he came to me about a month ago and said he was ready to quit...YEH!!!!
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We are a smoke free home. Smoking is disgusting.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The Chantix is working good for the most part...but lots of side effects. He has been really short tempered, mood swings, crazy dreams and headaches out of no where...I'm doing my best to stay as positive as I can and help him through. I know all this will eventually pass and when all is said and done, I will have a non-smoking husband and a sweet smelling house!!! He says that taking the Chantix is well worth the side effects because it helps his cravings and it is the only thing that has (he's tried in the past to quit w/ no luck).
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes I do.  I'm sure I still smell like it but I don't smoke in the house or car. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• ^^ Good luck to your husband!
    No, I have never smoked. I watched it kill my grandma in a horrible way when I was in 7th grade. No way could I have smoked after witnessing her suffer like that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• yes i smoke, but not in my home or in my car. im considering buying the e-cig to help myself wean.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i used to be a smoker but i quit two years ago. both of my parents smoke in their home and when me and my family leave from there i can smell it on my clothes
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't smoke because I've seen too many people I loved suffer from cancer, COPD, etc. and leave this earth too soon. I don't understand why someone would want to shorten their life, age too fast, and walk around smelling like an ash tray. It's a dirty, expensive habit I'm glad I don't have!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yeah I smoke and so do most of my friends. Before I was a smoker I could never smell the smoke in their home unless they had one lit, and my mom has griped at me about smoking here when DD isn't here. She stopped after she came over and realized that our home doesn't smell like smoke, except the clothing that we're wearing at the time, if you lean in and sniff us really close. I smelled like smoke more when I would stand outside with smokers at work than after being in a smokers home.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• How is the Chantix working for him?  Any side effects?  Does it actually work?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2011