I have never done "kick counting".....do you count anytime you feel the baby move at all?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 4:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you count every time you feel movement even then smallest movement you have a little one like i do you would lose count :)
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• no I dont count, as long as I feel baby kicking at different times throughout the day I dont worry. I guess I did it once when I was pregnant with my son cause I had worked to hard, felt awful, and hadnt felt him move for a while, so I was worried and counted for a few days after that, but thats about it.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 4:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'm not pregnant now but I never did. I remember mum saying something about this when I was, about how she was told to when she had me and my sis. Anyway no I never did.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I never counted I just got used to the times of day my babies were most active, they were both pretty consistent.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i never did...with either kid
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• yeah, I'm unsure the point of it but I guess it's not that important unless I was in pain or something, i don't know :)
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• With my youngest, I paid closer attention to his movement. I was high risk and they told me that if I didn't feel movement every hour, I should go immediately to the ER. I don't think kick counting is necessary unless there is a problem suspected or if you notice that your normally active baby is suddenly not moving much.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No i have not counted I am just excited to feel her moving.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Nope. I just felt several times a day to make sure it all felt ok.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• just make sure that they stay active throughout the day. Don't stress too much over it as long as the baby is still moving like normal.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011