Could tiny but very painful stabs in my belly be contractions?

it's not my whole stomach tightening or whatever but i keep feeling stabbing pains in tiny spots every so often.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• doesnt sound like contractions just because your stomach is not tightening up.. however it could be quite a few things gas, round ligament pain, uti, or you might just have to poop and not know it yet lol. if you are concerned contact your doctor tomorrow no reason to let your concern go unanswered after all you are mommy =) good luck!
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I had that problem and post the same question and a lot of people here told me it was probably round ligament pain and they were right.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• How far along are you? I would guess its ligament pain and nothing to do with contractions or labor.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Not sure, in my labor it began feeling little stomach cramps like your period was coming.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• thats what my mother had was the round ligament pain contractions felt like period cramps more than anything
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Answer by MSKASSYLEIGH at 8:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• could be round ligament pains, gas pains, or contractions.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It depends on how far a long you are. Everyone experiences labor differently. Round ligament pain or it could be the baby would be my guess. You will get sharp pain in places that you will question which is definitely okay. Always play it safe if you are worried and call your doctor.
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2011