How to meet mommy friends?

I don't have alot of friends that have children, and now being pregnant again I would like to find some new friends. I have a 5 year old and I'm married, and I work full time. I'm an outgoing person after I meet people, but I'm rather shy at the beginning. So how do I find friends????

ford44

Asked by ford44 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• where are you from :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I live in the kansas city area
    ford44

Comment by ford44 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Does your 5 year old go to kindergarten yet? Being at the school and doing school activities and PTA maybe...you could meet some moms that way. Sports? After school activities are another way to meet other moms.

Meetup.com is a great way to meet other folks w/similar interests.

Since you're pregnant again (congrats, btw) the hospital you're having your baby at will probably have a new mom support/playgroup, you could sign up for that.

Gymboree has mommy & me classes too.

try this...I just did a quick google search... kcparent.com, kckidsfun.com,
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thank you! Great ideas, and she will be in kindergarten this fall.
    ford44

Comment by ford44 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Also, maybe you could strike up a conversation at the park with another mom while your kid's playing? I'm always meeting new people at the park:-) Or the kids section of the library? The playland at McDonald's? etc...there's moms everywhere:-) it may take you a while to find the right person to be-friend, but eventually you'll find someone:-) Congrats on the pregnancy!
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 5:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I've met my Mommy friends through my daughter. When she started going to Preschool I started talking to the parents and after seeing each other 2 days a week, every week for 10 months you get to know each other. Besides that I've found no Mommy friends. I talk to Moms at the park but that really doesn't go anywhere, we just talk at the park and thats it - no real friendships from that.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Try the local library's story hour if it coincides with your days off. I met a good friend that way.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011