How do i tell my 2 1/2 year old his great gma died?

my son was at the hospital with us yesterday and he told everyone that gma was very sick. then today he was asking were is gma and can he see her.

badensmom

Asked by badensmom at 4:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can tell him she went to heaven, that she died and is no longer in pain, you can get him one of those nice children's books about dying (if it is age appropriate), etc. Do not make any explanation too long & complicated as he is still very young. Whatever you decide make sure not to say she is sleeping. That can scare a child and make them worry about going to sleep, his parents going to sleep, etc. I am sorry for your loss. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't know what your beliefs are but if it were me, I'd tell him Grandma went to be with God in heaven.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 7:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• well think u for every thing me and my husband will talk to him in the morning.
    badensmom

Comment by badensmom (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i can't even imagine having to deal with with. condolences and definately good luck.
    i'm aftraid i'll have to have this talk soon and it terrifies me.
    i'm definately bumping you
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 3:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2011