What does your 8-9 month old do ?

crawl, walk, eat what kind of foods, etc...?

Just kinda seeing how other my LO age are progressing....

Mine hasnt crawled yet but rolls continuously til he gets what he wants ; )
Started on soft fruit, veggis, and pancakes but little chunks
Has 1st tooth coming in
Still wakes up 2-6 times a night ; (
says baba and makes ton of noises!

jadensmom14

Asked by jadensmom14 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 8 month old wil get in the crawling position and crawl backward. she rolls everywhere she wants to go. she maneuvers herself incredibly. she eats fruits, veggies, and yogurt. she's independent. she'll wake up and start playing with/talking to the stuffed animals in her crib. she has 2 teeth completely in. she says mama, daddy, and a couple other words and loves to babble. she's a baby with A LOT to say.she can stand if she's holding something
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My 11 month old is still not crawling yet. He still gets up 2 times a night to nurse, although i think that is more of a behavioral thing than him really being hungry. He eats almost anything now and he has 3 teeth up top and 2 teeth on the bottom. he is getting one more up top. He never did accept any baby food or baby cereal. He went right to table foods. He has 3 other brothers to encourage him so he should be able to move around better soon. He does try to pull up to things and can with a little help. He can get into a sitting position from his tummy, but has only done it 3 times. He babbles a lot saying baba, dada, mama, a-duhda. My son is in early intervention and has been since he was 6 months old due to having low muscle tone, but he is improving. I just happen to be finishing school to become a developmentalist and cant wait to start helping families out who have children with dev. delays.
    Anonymous

• My 8mo has been crawling for awhile (army crawl since 5 months and on his hands a knees since 7 1/2 months), can sit up without falling over even while using his hands, can go from sitting to crawling, pulls himself up to his knees (working on getting to his feet), can stand while holding on to the furniture but hasn't figured out how to cruise yet, claps, can pick up small things with just his fingers (like his puffs and peas), eats mostly baby food but has tried some finger foods...he really liked peas and cut up cooked carrots, has been sleeping through the night since 3 months and just started babbling recently. Oh, he has no teeth at all.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My 8 month old isn't crawling, but will scoot to get to things, can stand holding on to thing and almost pull herself up, is babbling up a storm and will "talk" back when we talk to her, is eating fresh fruit and veggies (we don't do purees, just small bites), sleeping 11-12 hours/night and has since 2 months, no teeth yet.

Answer by missanc at 7:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• my 9 month old sits,crawls,stands,cruises, babbles like theres no tomorrow :) he eats all kinds of foods now like rice pasta toast pancakes any fruit and veggies..he loves pears,mangos,nanas, and cooked carrots slices...has two teeth on bottom and top.still wakes 2-3 times to nurse at night..
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 3:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2011